As a vacation destination, the island of St. Lucia checks quite a few boxes including lush rainforest terrain, breathtaking water views, world class yachting and fine dining. St. Lucia’s distinct topography is also something of a natural wonder – the island is home to the iconic Pitons and the dormant Soufriere Volcano. For this reason the island is popular with honeymooners. Here are the 3 of the best honeymoon hotels in St. Lucia!
St. Lucians are a warm, open and friendly bunch of people. With all these perks, it is no wonder the island has become a top honeymoon destination in the Caribbean. St. Lucia is only a three and a half-hour flight from Miami International Airport, but once you’re there, the rest of the world seems very distant.
Also see What To Eat and Drink in St. Lucia
Picking the right hotel in St. Lucia is an integral part of planning your honeymoon. Below, are profiles on 3 charming honeymoon hotels that I think encompass what couples look for: romance, luxury amenities and personable service.
Calabash Cove Resort & Spa
Location: Calabash Cove Resort & Spa is ideally located just five minutes south of Rodney Bay, an area boasting a ton of restaurants, bars, supermarkets and beaches.
Price range: $625 – $1000 per night (all-inclusive rates)
- Private beach
- Infinity swimming pool
- On-site restaurant, Wind Song is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Waterside cottages with private pool and outdoor shower
- Beautiful sunset views
- Spa and fitness center on premises
- The hotel can help plan all of your activities
What sets it apart?
- Calabash Cove’s beautifully manicured garden attracts dozens of humming birds each morning
- Modern, super private guestrooms with luxury amenities
- Superior customer service
Words that best describe Calabash Cove Resort & Spa: Lavish, Intimate, Contemporary, Elegant
Location: Located in a former embassy, Villa Capri is located on a lush hillside on the exclusive Cap Estate. It offers 9 guest rooms and is perfect for both honeymooners and large groups. Like Calabash Cove, Villa Capri is conveniently located just a few minutes drive from lively Rodney Bay nightlife and restaurants.
Price range: Price upon request for single room bookings
- Nine guestrooms means no large crowds or excessive noise
- Informal atmosphere for the laid-back couple
- Close proximity to activities such as Canopy Tours and world class golfing
- Just 200 meters to the nearest sandy beach
- Personalized activities and meals upon request
What sets it apart?
- Owners takes great pride in providing guests with all modern amenities while still staying true to Villa Capri’s rustic appeal
- Outdoor and indoor dining
- A library/lounging area by the pool makes guests feel at home
- Its location, nestled away from busy roads, makes for complete serenity
Words that best describe Villa Capri: Cozy, Eclectic, Laid-Back, Family-Oriented
Location: Crystals is a five-minute drive from the town of Soufriere, a historical community on the southwestern coasts of St. Lucia. The hotel is tucked away in a lush patch of rainforest and has incredible views of the world famous Pitons.
Price range: $250 – $350 per night, $1600 – $1900 per week
- Outstanding views of the Pitons and the surrounding rainforest
- Unique and creatively decorated guestrooms
- Family owned and operated
- Tree-house style architecture
- Private air-conditioned cottages with full kitchen and private pool
What sets it apart?
- The family that owns the hotel has literally built and designed every inch of it to reflect their personal style and showcase their travels around the world
- Cottages are named after some of the island’s indigenous plants: Papaya, Mango, Calabash, Sugar Cane and Coco Palm
- Handmade exotic furnishings
- Breakfast delivered to your private cottage
- Conveniently located minutes from Sugar Beach, Soufriere and the Pitons
- The hotel can arrange a variety of activities including deep sea fishing, private catamaran excursions and guided nature hikes
Words that best describe Crystals: Spirited, Quirky, Botanical
In your opinion, what are the best honeymoon hotels in St. Lucia? Leave us a comment below!
All the information in this post was correct at the time of publication.