Sometimes you just want a laptop bag without all the fuss. You know what I mean – something simple and high quality that looks good and isn’t bulky. I travel quite a bit so I was in need of something durable and lightweight without all the zippers, extra compartments, or unecessary pockets that usually come with other travel laptop bags. The best travel laptop bag I have found to date has been the Jekyll and Hide Zulu Laptop Folder, which is essentially a 100% authentic leather cover for your laptop that turns into a messenger bag with the perfect amount of space for essentials: pens, credit cards, passport, cell phone, and i-Pad. In my experience, nylon and synthetics just don’t hold up over time like high quality, natural leather.
When we recently published an article about our Top 5 Luxury Travel Accessories and included the awesome leather duffel travel bag by Jekyll and Hide on the list, the company graciously sent me the laptop folder for a real-life travel test run. So I did what anyone would do…I took it to New Orleans!
Also check out our Top 12 Best Gifts for Travelers
In Miami International ready to head through security
The measurements of the bag are: 36cm x 26cm x 5cm (14.17″ x 10.24″ x 1.97″). I was able to fit my 13″ Apple Macbook Pro perfectly in the bag, along with a couple of pens, a book, and my cell phone. Airport security always makes me remove my laptop before passing through the x-ray. The Zulu Laptop Folder gave me easy access.
This side of the laptop bag has the large pocket with snap closure, which is great for papers or a book
Other side of the bag zips open and has several compartments for smaller items
The Jekyll and Hide company brand
What I Like About the Jekyll and Hide Zulu Laptop Folder
- Leather is soft and has the “worn in” feel right out of the box
- Interior pocket is padded to protect your laptop
- Detachable sling that turns it into a messenger bag
- Compartments for travel documents, pens, cell phone, and credit cards
- Great for work, travel, or school
- Strong zippers
- Classic leather design that is always in style
- All Jekyll and Hide items are sold with a 2 year warranty cover against possible defects in materials and craftsmanship
Last (sleepy) morning in New Orleans posing by the St. Charles Streetcar before heading home
What You Need to Know
- Cost: £155 (approximately $239)
- Where to get it: the Jekyll and Hide website (and yes, they ship worldwide)
- Great gift idea for: frequent traveler, graduation, work promotion, Christmas, or anniversary
- Colors: Tan (like mine), Brown and Black
- Discount: Get 10% your order now – see below
Do you think this could be the best travel laptop bag you’ve seen? Share your thoughts below!