Travelers come in all forms and sizes. Different travelers have different travel goals. Generally, travel goals are dominated by the travel budget. Some travelers want to travel with luxury and comfort.
They don’t mind shelling a little extra dough from their pockets, while there are some travelers want to explore their culture and some travelers want to experience the beauty that Mother Earth has to offer. If you fall in the latter group; in order to be safe and secure, you must buy an overseas travel insurance plan.
There are still another kind of travel enthusiasts that are the proud backpackers. They literally live out of a backpack. For them, it is super fun to survive on minimal luggage. Packing only that, which is necessary is the main idea behind backpack traveling. It makes you survive days in a way that you don’t do on a regular basis. Backpacking isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. There are different kinds of backpackers in travelers’ universe. Some like to cut out on the weight of clothes’ and they focus on toiletries. There are some who carry denim and ditch tees. They buy touristy tees on the go and they discard it when their trip comes to an end.
The more you get to know about backpack traveling, the more it’ll surprise you. Backpackers live at home stays or hostels; they take public transport, and they love to interact with locals and fellow travelers.
If you are new to the backpacking universe, don’t worry. This article will help you to de-clutter your mind as well as your luggage. And if you’re a pro backpacker and you know these tips already, you can drop your tips in the comments section below and help the backpacker traveling community to grow strong.
Here are 10 Backpacking tips that all the travelers ought to know.
- Figure Out your Priorities- First things first, sort out what you want and what you don’t. If you want to travel with a backpack, your packing list can vary from a fellow backpacker, just like the itinerary. If you are going to an exotic beach, you need to carry extra clothes if you want to indulge in water sports.
- The Duration of Your Stay- If you are going to stay on the road for a long while, you are bound to pack more stuff. Carrying a small bag in your big bag is helpful. You can put your essential things in that and can keep your luggage at the cloakroom.
- The Travel Essentials- Travel essential are the travel basics that you can’t do without. If you have sensitive skin and climatic/geographic change takes a toll on your health it is a must to pack non-comedogenic and fragrance-free skin care products. If you’re thinking that it’s going to add to the weight, we have a solution for that as well. All you have to do is buy small airtight containers and fill up a considerable amount of skin care products. Make sure you pack it in such a way that it doesn’t leak. Carry it in a ziplock pouch so that even if it spills, it doesn’t mess up your clothes and gadgets.
- Travel Insurance- It is a must to buy a travel insurance plan especially when you are traveling The best travel insurance policy is the one that fulfills your travel expectations. Don’t let insurance premium be the deciding factors. Instead, consider coverage offered by a travel plan then select or reject that plan.
- The Fabric- Carry clothes keeping the weather of your destination in mind. Make sure your clothes are breathable and comfortable. If you are going to a hilly location then carry woolens that you can wear in layers. When you feel hot, you can take your sweaters off layer by layer.
- Carry Zip Locks and Polybags- It is a must to carry zip locks and laundry bags to carry your wet clothes and undergarments. It protects your fresh and dry clothes from coming in direct contact with the wet clothes.
- Carry Locks- Be it dormitories, home stays or hostels always lock your bag so that you don’t have to face any kind of inconvenience that could kill your vibe and put you in a trouble.
- Cut Down the Costs- For some travelers, backpacking means budget traveling. You can ditch fancy hotels and go for home stays to get that taste of authentic local culture or you can stay in hostels or dormitories and get a chance to catch up with the fellow travelers and swap travel stories with them.
- Versatile Outfits- Carry clothes that can be easily mixed and matched up. This way, you don’t have to pack extra, but have many clothing options. The most important advantage is, of course, that it will leave room for other things in your bag or leave you with a lighter load to carry.
- No books, Just eBooks- The idea behind backpack traveling is travel light. However, for many of us traveling must be accompanied by the right books so we aren’t discouraging you from carrying a book. You could carry eBooks and get your daily reading fix and you can switch between as many books as you’d like without being weighed down by them.
We hope these tips were helpful for you. You can share your Backpacking tips or your travel stories in the comment section. Life is too short to delay your travel plan. Keep traveling, Bon Voyage!!!