Why should you choose Greek Islands for a Holiday?
Greek Islands form 20% of the total area of Greece and is considered an ideal location for a yacht holiday. The weather along the coastline remains stable throughout the holiday season which starts in early March. The islands are considered to be one of the best locations for spending a sailing holiday.
Moreover, the area has been developed offering a number lavish hotels, attractions and houses on rent. Apart from fertile vegetation, wildlife, several amenities, and taverns, the place is also home to many ancient Greek sites worth seeing.
The Greek Islands are unblemished by tourism, have fine ports and easy access by ferry and plane. However, yacht chartering could be the best option to enjoy an exotic holiday in this area surrounded by gorgeous scenery and unfathomable water. Here are allworld.com travelers tips for interested individuals.
Types of Charters
There are three main types of charter options that can be availed depending on your own personal preferences and resources:
- Bareboat: In this charter, you’ll get a boat only. You’ll have to bring along your own crew and in order to be able to justify the boat charter criterion, you must have at least two skillful crew members. Although this type of charter requires you to have some expertise, it will allow you an independent and private trip.
- Flotilla: This allows you have your own bareboat but you need to sail with a group of boats and go wherever the group moves. This gives an advantage of having a central admiral to provide guidance in case of any unsure circumstances.
- Crewed Charter: This type of charter provides expert crew along with the boat. In my personal opinion, this charter option is best because the private companies that let you hire a crewed boat are very professional and reliable service providers and their people are trained for all sorts of cruises. They allow you to have an independent trip as well as ensure that you are provided with experts who can guarantee a safe and secure holiday.
Apart from these, there are motors yachts, Share-a-sail / Cabin cruises, Motorsailers & gulets, and small ship cruises.
Benefits of using Private Charters
Using a private charter for a sea holiday has a lot of advantages:
- You can have a peace of mind that your trip will be secure and safe
- You can have reasonable independence and privacy
- Many companies offer affordable vacation packages that include several services
- You get to see many beautiful sceneries
- You’re provided with detailed instruction manual and trip plan
So what are you waiting for? It’s high time that you take a break from the hectic routine and go on an exotic sea vacation in Greece.