The country of Indonesia is composed of 13,466 islands and numerous temples that a single trip around the country will not be enough to cover the inspiring culture and establishments that have a lot of rich stories to convey.
Indonesia is known for some of the great tourist spots in Asia where you can travel and explore their culture. Bali might be one of the places you are most familiar with when you think of Indonesia, or it can be the mountains of Java. While some of you may only know Jakarta as the capital of the country, it actually has a lot to offer. The city is also known for its vibrant aura as it speaks the combined cultures of the country.
Reasons to Add Jakarta in your Travel Bucket List
- Food – If you’re looking for a place with the best satay, sate, and nasi goreng, Jakarta is the best place to visit. There are various authentic dishes of almost all ethnicities residing in Indonesia. You can also check for discounts on restaurants in Jakarta via Eatigo app for a more enjoyable food experience. They can even slash 50% on your total bill as you book and dine using the app.
- Nightlife – From museums and temples, Jakarta transforms into a party city by night. Considered as one of the liveliest cities in the continent of Asia, there are several bars, clubs, and parties going on at night where you can mingle with both locals and tourists.
- Shopping Places – The metropolitan city has modern shopping malls you won’t find anywhere else in Indonesia. It has actually been dubbed as Southeast Asia’s Shoppers’ Paradise as you can find hundreds of malls packed together offering local, international, and authentic goods and souvenirs. Most people look forward to its Jakarta Great Sale where most of the mall items are on 70% sale.
- Cityscape – Aside from the greenery that other parts of Indonesia have to offer, Jakarta is rich in astounding landscape that serves as a splendid skyline during the night. You can take this opportunity to visit rooftop bars or have dinner with your friends and loved ones overlooking the high buildings and mesmerizing lights.
Tips in Traveling to Jakarta on a Budget
If you are traveling to Jakarta on a budget, here are some tips that can be of good use to have an enjoyable trip without costing you much fortune:
- Take the Transjakarta – This form of transportation, at only $0.3 per ride, is cost-effective and at the same time can take you anywhere in the city.
- Stay in cheap yet quality hotels – There are perfectly priced hotels around Jakarta that can provide you with free Wi-Fi, clean and modern facilities, and practically near to other most visited places in the city.
- Travel in a group – You may think that traveling on your own is hassle-free and can save you money, but if you’re on a budget, wouldn’t you want to split costs on hotel reservations, food, additional baggage, and other travel costs? Traveling in a group can also create a deeper connection with your family and loved ones.
At the end of the day, a trip to any country would make us more appreciative of the world we live in. It’ll also help to keep your mind open to the various cultures and beliefs and in return become more mindful of interacting and respecting other people’s way of living.